Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: White House
U.S. President Barack Obama is asking government agencies to develop plans for five percent reductions in array of domestic programs, the White House said on Tuesday.
The Senate has begun consideration of proposals to give the President a line-item veto over individual provisions in federal spending bills. The measures are designed to overcome shortcomings in a 1996 line-item veto bill which was declared unconstitutional.
Tags: management , budget , line-item veto , Reduce Unnecessary Spending Act of 2010 , Senate , Judiciary Committee , Constitution Subcommittee , Russ Finegold , Paul Ryan , Jeffrey Liebman , OMB , Barack Obama , Max Cacas
Mixed signals from the White House are making life harder for Democrats this week.
Facebook rolling out new security features, House panel to consider cybersecurity overhaul
Computer breaches starting to level off, GISLA awards open for nominations
Special advisor the President Kareem Dale is refocusing agency efforts to make sure Web sites and other technology meets the accessibility law. The CIO Council also is looking at technology issues for people with disabilities. Dale says Justice also is working on a new survey of how agencies are complying with Section 508.
The President's executive order about creating a greener government is on its way to being a year old. What's changed since last October?