Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: White House
The report says the federal stimulus funds were responsible for creating at least 2 million jobs nationwide in the Act's first year.
The White House releases 56 agency sustainability plans showing how the government will meet an assortment of energy efficiency goals. Federal Environmental Executive Michelle Moore said ideas run the gamut from recycling to computer power management. The administration is hosting the GreenGov Symposium in October to help educate and promote agency goals.
Tags: management , Michelle Moore , Tom Carper , Council on Environmental Quality , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , energy efficiency , sustainability plans , Green government , Jason Miller
Like other agencies, the Institute of Museum and Library Services has released its agency sustainability plan. Unlike the others, telework plays a major part in the plan.
Trailing in the polls less than a week from election day, D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty is asking for help from the White House.
A new advisory council will provide Commerce and other agencies with ideas for how the government can help push federally-funded technologies into the commercial marketplace. Locke said his agency will do its part by speeding up the patent process to one year and get certain grant funding out in 30 days. Commerce also is working with NIH and NSF on the i6 Challenge where $12 million is available for companies to commercialize technologies.
Tags: technology , Gary Locke , Aneesh Chopra , Rahm Emanuel , Ginger Lew , Commerce , National Economic Council , National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrep , NIH , NSF , PTO , Mike Morse , Mike Crow , Tom Albert , Holden Thorp , Steve Case , Mary Sue Coleman , University of North Carolina , AOL , University of Michigan , Madrona Venture Group , Arizona State University , innovation , i6 Competition , entrepreneurship , Jason Miller
One of the Obama administration's biggest partners when it comes to the use of technology for open government, the Sunlight Foundation, is questioning whether the push for gov 2.0 is running out of steam. Ellen Miller, Sunlight's executive director, calls the open data plans disappointing because 12 of 30 agencies didn't list any data sets for release. Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra said he welcomes the criticism.
DoE set up Energy Savings Performance Contracts with several different companies to work under a share-in-savings approach to reduce agency utility bills. Agencies do not have to pay upfront costs to move electricity or other infrastructure away from fossil fuels. The contracts could help agencies meet the White House's carbon footprint and greenhouse goals.
Tags: management , Skye Schell , Energy , Navy , Justice , Green government , energy efficiency , carbon footprint , greenhouse gas emissions , energy service companies , Energy Savings Performance Contracts , Jason Miller
EPA, NASA and Transportation receive two honors each in different categories. Overall 17 agencies received all green scores on the Open Government dashboard.
The White House is claiming success in using its LinkedIn social media group.
White House cyber coordinator says using secure identity cards and working more closely with industry among his top short term priorities. He says a new strategy to secure online transactions also is on track for the President's signature this fall. And he's closely watching Capitol Hill as Senate lawmakers may be close to completing draft of consolidated cyber bill.
Tags: technology , Howard Schmidt , Harry Reid , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cybersecurity , HSPD-12 , secure identity management , National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cybers , Jason Miller