Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: White House
White House launches Subcommittee on Privacy and Internet Policy to both promote online economic opportunities and protect individual privacy.
President Obama signs an Executive Order updating a 20-year-old order trying to improve educational opportunities for Latinos. The mandate requires multiple agencies to present their offerings to the Hispanic community more coherently.
Subhead: Administration honors sustainability efforts by seven agencies with the 2010 GreenGov Presidential awards.
What does the White House Flickr feed say about who has influence in the Obama administration?
Tags: Barack Obama , Joe Biden , Hillary Clinton , David Axelrod , David Plouffe , Leon Panetta , Rahm Emanuel , Flickr , technology , open government , Must Reads , Dorobek Insider , New York Times , Politico , Tech President
Council on Environmental Quality issues new guidance giving agencies instructions to measure greenhouse gas emissions. Council chair Nancy Sutley said the directive includes approaches used inside and out of government. Agencies have until January 2011 to complete an initial baseline inventory.
Tags: management , Green government , Nancy Sutley , Tom Vilsack , Council on Environmental Quality , USDA , GreenGov Symposium , greenhouse gas emissions , Executive Order 13514 , solar panels , Jason Miller , Greening of Government: people
DoE wants to make all of its roofs white or light color to help reduce the amount of heat buildings absorb. GSA is testing solar panels, geo-thermal and solar chimneys in different buildings around the country. The goal is to help reduce the government's $25 billion annual energy bill.
Tags: Green government , management , Nancy Sutley , Steven Chu , Robert Peck , Council on Environmental Quality , GSA , Energy , Green buildings , GreenGov Symposium , solar panels , Jason Miller , Greening of Government: buildings
A Federal News Radio survey of federal employees and contractors found most are optimistic about reducing the government's carbon footprint, but not many believe the efforts are making a difference. About 40 percent of the respondents say President Obama's executive order to reduce energy usage is a lot of talk and not a lot of action, and 73 percent are not familiar with their agency's sustainability plan.
E-government is increasing government transparency, including making available who the White House visitor list. As he leaves the White House to pursue the bid for Chicago's next mayor, President Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel leaves behind an electronic list of the Chicago players, politicians and reporters who visited him in the White House, The Sunlight Foundation reports.
Administration's working group also is looking at policies and regulations that need to be updated. DoD calls on Congressional support when the White House submits its package of legislative changes. Meanwhile, DHS has released a draft of the National Cyber Incident Response Plan.