Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: White House
President and First Lady welcome families to celebration on the South Lawn of the White House.
The United States has blocked Iran's controversial pick for envoy to the United Nations, just as the two countries have been seeking a thaw in relations. This could have implications on U.S./Iran relations down the road. The White House says it has informed Iran it will not grant a visa to Hamid Aboutalebi, a member of the group responsible for the 1979 takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran.
House and Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa is accusing the White House of violating the Hatch Act. He is demanding that the Obama administration turn over documents related to the re-opening of its Office of Political Outreach and Strategy during an election year. In this week's legal loop, Joshua Rose, senior associate at the law firm Tully Rinckey, spoke with the Federal Drive about the do's and don'ts of the Hatch Act.
The White House has a government-wide security plan to prevent another Navy Yard Shooting.
A White House official said Alyssa Mastromonaco, President Barack Obama's deputy chief of staff for operations, is leaving in May to look for a job in the private sector.
President Barack Obama released his fiscal 2015 budget blueprint Tuesday. The budget proposal lays out the administration's spending priorities for next year, but Congress holds the final purse strings and is likely to balk at several of the proposals. Track the Obama's administration's proposed funding levels for federal agencies below.
President Barack Obama invited French President Francois Hollande and other guests to the White House for a state dinner Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014. Read related article.
NIST led the year-long effort to develop the Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity. Agencies now must review regulations to ensure alignment with the framework. DHS also launches a new voluntary program that will offer access to a variety of federal resources to help companies improve cybersecurity.
Government officials, associations and companies are offering insight and comments on the recently released White House cyber framework.