Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: White House
President Barack Obama's 2011 budget proposal, released Monday, flattens federal IT spending and orders federal departments to consolidate and centralize IT operations.FY
New directive gives departments several requirements over the next 120 days. OMB will track agency progress to meeting the memo's objectives through a dashboard. Experts optimistic about directive's impact, but express concern about resources and oversight.
Melissa Hathaway led the Obama administration's report on cybersecurity.
Melissa Hathaway says her decision to leave had as much to do with fixing her work-life balance as it did with not getting cyber coordinator role. She says her impact from outside the government can be meaningful and significant. Hathaway has opened her own consulting firm and will work with Harvard and MIT on research and writing.