Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Wendy Masiello
In a budget environment in which cost overruns are very likely to lead to canceled programs, the Air Force says it's pressing it prime vendors to remove any costs they possibly can from their subcontracted supplier base.
Inside the DoD Reporter's Notebook: Pentagon goes its own way on GSA schedules; VA still thinks its electronic health record can meet DoD's needs
"Inside the DoD's Reporter's Notebook" is biweekly feature focused on news about the Defense Department and defense community as gathered by Federal News Radio DoD Reporter Jared Serbu.
Tags: DoD , GSA , FAR , contracting , acquisition policy , Federal Supply Schedules , Roger Waldron , Alan Chvotkin , Eric Shinseki , Jonathan Woodson , Veterans Affairs , Jared Serbu , Inside the DoD Reporter
Maj. Gen. Wendy Masiello, the director of contracting for the Air Force, said the new installation contracting agency stood up Oct. 1. She said the goal is to share acquisition resources to make up for the loss of 700 years of experience over the last year.
Seven senators have requested an independent investigation by the Defense Department's inspector general into the accidental disclosure of technical data to rival bidders Boeing and EADS in the Air Force's refueling tanker competition.
Tags: DoD , contracting , Congress , Air Force , Boeing , EADS , Maria Cantwell , Jerry Moran , Pat Roberts , Lindsay Graham , Charles Schumer , refueling tanker , Procurement Integrity Act , Senate Armed Services Committee , Jared Serbu
The general overseeing the Air Force's investigation into a November incident that sent competitors' data to rival bidders said Thursday that she was pleased with the companies' handling of the situation. The Pentagon remains convinced that the accidental disclosure will not affect the outcome of the $35 billion acquisition.