Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Wartime Contracting Commission
Host Roger Waldron and Jim Schweiter, partner at McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP will talk about legislation affecting the contracting community.
March 13, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Jim Schweiter , McKenna Long & Aldridge , comprehensive contingency contracting reform act of 2012 , Claire McCaskill , Jim Webb , contractor accountability , contingency contracting , Off the Shelf , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement
DoD proposes new rule to withhold payment on contracts if auditors find deficiencies in accounting, estimating, earned value management and other business systems. Recent hearing found 69 of top 100 Pentagon contractors have at least one flawed system.
The contracting commission estimated that since 2002, the U.S. has committed nearly $31 billion to training, equipping, and supporting the Afghan security forces.