Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Wartime Contracting Commission
Host Roger Waldron and Jim Schweiter, partner at McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP will talk about legislation affecting the contracting community.
March 13, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Jim Schweiter , McKenna Long & Aldridge , comprehensive contingency contracting reform act of 2012 , Claire McCaskill , Jim Webb , contractor accountability , contingency contracting , Off the Shelf , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement
DoD proposes new rule to withhold payment on contracts if auditors find deficiencies in accounting, estimating, earned value management and other business systems. Recent hearing found 69 of top 100 Pentagon contractors have at least one flawed system.
The contracting commission estimated that since 2002, the U.S. has committed nearly $31 billion to training, equipping, and supporting the Afghan security forces.