Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Alan Paller of the SANS Institute talks about DoD's new initiative to hire 4,000 more people for its Cyber Command. Paul Terry of Blackboard, Inc., discusses how his company is helping GSA with its travel planning. Devon Hewitt, a partner at Protorae Law, weighs in on a recent contract award protest affecting people with disabilities. Capt. Paul Hammer of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury, talks about the latest efforts at his center. Robin Lineberger of Deloitte LLP fills us in about the Professional Services Council's new commission that's focusing on efficient and innovative acquisition issues.
Tags: Alan Paller , SANS Institute , U.S. Cyber Command , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Paul Terry , GSA , Blackboard , Devon Hewitt , Protorae Law , DoD , DoD Report , Army , accessibility , Paul Hammer , Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological He , mental illness , Robin Lineberger , Deloitte , Professional Services Council , acquisition , Federal Drive
Officials say Army Secretary John McHugh is being treated in a hospital for injuries he received in a bicycle accident but is expected to return to work soon.
Avinash Kar of the Natural Resources Defense Council discusses an FDA decision on cattle feeding processes. Attorney Joseph Petrillo offers his perspective on burgeoning bid protests. GAO's Bill Woods talks about GSA's reliance on "dun" numbers. Jamison Cush discusses Microsoft's new tablet device. Charles Scoville works with amputee veterans.
Opening another front in her nearly year-old campaign to support service families, first lady Michelle Obama on Wednesday unveiled a new push for jobs on or near military bases.
It's a bond that doesn't break. The deep connection that people who serve under fire develop is strong. Combine that with those who have had partners who literally live to serve, and you'll get a sense of the comradery at a recent gathering of police and military dog handlers.
Last month, U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Ben Seekell lost his left foot when a mine exploded. He wasn't alone. His K-9 partner, Charlie, was injured, too.
Carolyn Stoneburner was 17 years old, fresh out of high school, when she started working as a secretary at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
Debra Edmond, Special Assistant for Civilian Personnel at the Joint Task Force National Capital Region Medical, explains what it takes to move an entire hospital.
The closures of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center brings big changes for wounded warriors, military members and their families - and big money for making those changes work.