Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: WTOP
Commuters in the D.C. area faced grueling traffic backups on Friday morning. This, combined with a train derailment on the Red Line heading into the city has prompted many to deem the morning rush, "the commute from hell". Federal News Radio has contacted the Office of Personnel Management about their decision to open the federal government, and is waiting for a response.
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell says his state won't have enough time to prepare for the move of 6,400 Defense Department employees to the Mark Center in Alexandria, Va., as part of the Base Realignment and Closure. The deadline for the move is Sept. 1.
WTOP's Kristi King talks to NASA's Jim Irons.
WTOP's Mark Segraves sat down with Metro's new General Manager Richard Sarles, who explained how the federal government and D.C. Metro coordinate to make the easiest commutes.
WTOP's Adam Tuss and WFED's Mike Causey assess OPM's call to call an early dismissal Wednesday and a late arrival Thursday due to snow.