Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: WMATA
The hiring process was completed at an afternoon board meeting. Metro Board Chairman Peter Benjamin says the transit system conducted an international search, consisting of six months of review.
When you have to go, you have to go, but exactly where some Metro train operators have been going is disturbing.
While Metro Board members have remained very tight-lipped about actual names of candidates, a Metro source tells WTOP the list of finalists being put together includes a candidate or candidates from outside the realm of public transit.
Tags: Metro , public transportation , Jeff McKay , Greater Washington Board of Trade , Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments , Peter Benjamin , Richard Sarles , John Catoe , Adam Tuss , Sprawl & Crawl
Some Green Line Metro riders got more than they paid for during rush hour this week.
The station was closed Wednesday after a large piece of debris fell into the station.
There will be a number of major traffic and transit schedule changes Thursday due to the Veterans Day holiday.
Tags: Veterans Day , HOV lanes , Interstate 270 , Route 50 , Rock Creek Parkway , Clara Barton Parkway , Canal Road , Connecticut Avenue , 16th Street , Capitol Hill , MARC , VRE , RideOn Buses , Adam Tuss
Metro has launched a system-wide inspection of its escalators in the wake of last Saturday's incident where six people were injured when a escalator failed to stop due to faulty brakes.
Flawed information and system weaknesses may prevent Metro board members from following through on a promised discount for riders.