Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vivek Kundra
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Howard Schmidt , OMB , VA , EPA , GSA , CGI , Apple , cybersecurity , 2011 budget , IT Dashboard , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , HSPD-12 , identity management
New focus on line of business initiative will test cloud computing across seven areas. Overall IT budget to grow by 7 percent.
Risks found with Grants.gov; OMB asks for alternatives
In first public speech, Howard Schmidt details five main focus areas, including updating the federal cybersecurity strategy. He also answers questions about how he will work with the NSC and NEC, and with the federal CIO and CTO. Schmidt says the administration has a big opportunity to improve the long-term cyber health of the government and industry.
Kundra speaks to front-liners in Obama new media push
The Obama White House is trying to put its own stamp on how it wants to protect the federal government's cybersecurity infrastructure. That's the message in the Office of Management and Budget's "Fiscal Year 2009 Report to Congress on FISMA, the Federal Information Security Management Act."
Federal CIO nominee
March 12, 2009
President Obama Names Vivek Kundra Chief Information Officer