Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vivek Kundra
If you liked what Vivek Kundra did as the chief technology officer for Washington D.C., then the plans he laid out before the Federal Chief Information Officer's Council Feb. 6 would suit you well.
New report looks at the Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative started by the Bush administration. Auditors make six recommendations to improve how agencies work on these 12 issues.
GSA will award a contract to create a new enterprise architecture by the end of October. The agency's goal is to consolidate eight disparate systems to make it easier to access procurement data. The current systems are not interoperable and plagued with long-standing problems.
Tags: contracting , Sen. Claire McCaskill , Sen. Robert Bennett , William Woods , OMB , OFPP , GAO , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , FPDS , AOCS , PPIRS , Excluded Parties List System
The Web site's goal is to make it easier for agencies to obtain cloud computing services. The administration also wants to change policy and budget to meet new approach to technology.
Federal CIO tells agencies to prepare to make more project data publicly available. Approach diverges from Bush administration scorecard.
A dutch treat for fans of government transparency and accountability
CIOs and agency security officers will have to answer more than 50 questions as part of a three-step cybersecurity review. OMB to finalize the new standards in coming weeks and experts expect them to change to focus more on automating controls. OMB also wants more data on current and future cybersecurity spending.
The White House is leading a new effort to secure online transactions across the federal, state and local governments and eventually in the private sector. The creation of the new document is being led by cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt and includes DHS. It is one way the administration hopes to improve cybersecurity. OMB soon will release a new approach to measuring FISMA compliance.
Tags: technology , Howard Schmidt , Diane Watson , Tom Lockwood , OMB , White House Cybersecurity Coordinator , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , Defense , State , DoJ , Treasury , USPS , GPO , DEA , USPTO , FISMA , cybersecurity , National Strategy for Secure Online Transactions , PKI , Federal Bridge
Federal CIO says even these governmentwide investments were done in a silo. He says many of the initiatives are at a point where they need to be upgraded or reconsidered altogether. But, Kundra says many e-government projects are paying expected dividends.
OMB creates one entity made up of senior leaders to oversee controls and data quality. The second group will focus on transparency and openness around federal spending data. These groups also will help create stretch goals for open government more broadly.