Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vivek Kundra
Pilot would let citizens sign on to use government services through private sector accounts. OMB hopes to reach citizens where they already are doing business online.
Tags: technology , Judy Spencer , OMB , GSA , NIH , Federal Identity Credentialing Committee , OpenID Foundation , O'Reilly Media , TechWeb , Don Thibeau , HSPD-12 , secure identity card , ID management
President Obama's top information technology officials talk about the role of IT in advancing government openness, on the heels of announcement of the new Open Government Initiative.
Rep. Connolly wants to codify Chopra's role and give CTO more oversight over computer defenses. Rep. Watson also to introduce cyber bill this summer.
If you liked what Vivek Kundra did as the chief technology officer for Washington D.C., then the plans he laid out before the Federal Chief Information Officer's Council Feb. 6 would suit you well.
New report looks at the Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative started by the Bush administration. Auditors make six recommendations to improve how agencies work on these 12 issues.