Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vivek Kundra
Reps. Langevin and McCaul send letter to President Obama urging him to name a coordinator as soon as possible. Federal CIO and federal CTO say one could be named soon.
Tags: technology , management , Rep. Jim Langevin , Rep. Mike McCaul , President Barack Obama , Aneesh Chopra , Christopher Painter , White House , House Cyber Caucus , Melissa Hathaway , Commission on Cybersecurity for the 41st President , cybersecurity
CIO Council to use dashboard to analyze macro trends of why agency technology programs are in trouble. Federal CIO Kundra calls for aggressive focus on project management.
Agency CIO says he will add one-page summary for each of the temporarily stopped programs.
Transparency gives additional clout to make technology projects perform. Tool replaces OMB watch lists and makes information more interactive.
Tags: mngt , technology , Dave Wennergren , Tom Coburn , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , OMB , DoD , CIO Council , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Ed Meagher , Dan Mintz , CSC , SRA , IT Dashboard , accountability , FFATA , transparency
Release of tools expected to be June 30. Hundreds have tested the tool so far.
Federal CTO details four broad areas of focus to bring new approaches to improve government services and society. He says it's a matter of agencies learning how to innovate.