Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vivek Kundra
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said Justice and Interior are the latest examples of agencies making hard decisions about underperforming IT projects. Justice canceled its litigation case management system after almost four years. Interior rescoped its Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System.
Vivek Kundra, the federal Chief Information Officer, has been nominated as one of the Huffington Post's Technology Game Changers.
Agency strategies to consolidate data centers are due to OMB by Aug. 30. Kundra says his office will approve them by Dec. 31. He advises agencies that this is more than a technology initiative.
OMB held a casting call to bring in data center experts from across the government.
The Office of Management and Budget is throwing a lifeline, of sorts, to 15 agencies who have IT projects that are on its high-risk list. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said the 26 projects on his new high priority list are mission critical. He said some extra attention now could reap dividends down the road when those projects finally realize their long-awaited potential.
Tags: management , technology , OMB , OPM , Matt Perry , DoJ , Vance Hitch , Bernie Mazur , Interior , NARA , David Ferrierro , Senate , Tom Carper , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , FBI, Sentinel , RSM , High Risk list , Max Cacas
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
The Office of Management and Budget is taking aim at the worst 25-to-30 technology projects across government.
Agencies are to review all IT projects over the next month, and the programs that are in the worst shape will go through TechStat sessions. This analysis is part two of a three pronged approach to fixing systemic problems with technology initiatives. Federal CIO Kundra says OMB will try to address those long-standing problems in October through the release of best practices.
Tags: technology , management , OMB , IT project management , at-risk IT projects , Jason Millerv , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , Jeff Zients , DoT , Dan Mintz , Powertek , high risk projects , Jason Miller
TechAmerica has put together the Commission on Government Technology Opportunity in the 21st Century.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has decided to scrap large portions of its $400 million FLITE financial management modernization program.