Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vivek Kundra
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said Justice and Interior are the latest examples of agencies making hard decisions about underperforming IT projects. Justice canceled its litigation case management system after almost four years. Interior rescoped its Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System.
Vivek Kundra, the federal Chief Information Officer, has been nominated as one of the Huffington Post's Technology Game Changers.
Agency strategies to consolidate data centers are due to OMB by Aug. 30. Kundra says his office will approve them by Dec. 31. He advises agencies that this is more than a technology initiative.
OMB held a casting call to bring in data center experts from across the government.
The Office of Management and Budget is throwing a lifeline, of sorts, to 15 agencies who have IT projects that are on its high-risk list. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said the 26 projects on his new high priority list are mission critical. He said some extra attention now could reap dividends down the road when those projects finally realize their long-awaited potential.
Tags: management , technology , OMB , OPM , Matt Perry , DOJ , Vance Hitch , Bernie Mazur , Interior , NARA , David Ferrierro , Senate , Tom Carper , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , FBI, Sentinel , RSM , High Risk list , Max Cacas
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
The Office of Management and Budget is taking aim at the worst 25-to-30 technology projects across government.
Agencies are to review all IT projects over the next month, and the programs that are in the worst shape will go through TechStat sessions. This analysis is part two of a three pronged approach to fixing systemic problems with technology initiatives. Federal CIO Kundra says OMB will try to address those long-standing problems in October through the release of best practices.
Tags: technology , management , OMB , IT project management , at-risk IT projects , Jason Millerv , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , Jeff Zients , DoT , Dan Mintz , Powertek , high risk projects , Jason Miller
TechAmerica has put together the Commission on Government Technology Opportunity in the 21st Century.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has decided to scrap large portions of its $400 million FLITE financial management modernization program.