Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vivek Kundra
The administration's IT agenda for fiscal 2012 will include new tools to combat cyber threats as well as major overhauls to how agencies manage their systems. Agency CIOs say agility will be important moving forward.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , cybersecurity , Richard Spires , Roger Baker , GSA , USDA , VA , DHS , education , OMB , cyberstats , collaboration , agile development , IT budget , program oversight , AFCEA , Meg Beasley
GovInfoSecurity reports that Federal CIO Vivek Kundra is committing funds to cloud computing efforts in government.
Two draft documents released by the National Institute of Standards and Technology define and set guidelines for government cloud computing.
Former federal technology officials and industry experts offered ideas and suggestions on how to make project management its own career series in the government. OMB and OPM were collecting ideas from several former, long-time agency officials.
Federal News Radio has obtained exclusive details on the IT budget guidance OMB sent to agencies for the fiscal 2012 budget request. The administration is asking agencies to begin using monitoring their networks continuously by the end of next year. OMB also sets deadlines for cyberscope, IPv6 and funding of e-government projects.
The Office of Management and Budget is reminding agencies for a second time in four years not to use brand names in their procurements.
Secretary Salazar issued a memo to give oversight of the IT budget to the chief information officer. The memo also removes the CIO title from the bureaus and renames them as assistant directors for information resources. Observers say this move by Interior has been long-overdue.
The White House is adopting a “cloud first” policy and plans to reconfigure IT by consolidating federal data centers and applications. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra recently unveiled the plan, which calls for creating a Data Center Consolidation Task Force and closing at least 800 of the federal government’s 2,100 data centers over the next five [...]
The agency is deciding whether or not to move forward with the contract option for operations and maintenance with Lockheed Martin. GAO and OMB say the project has multiple problems, including more than a $200 million increase in the total cost for ERA and a lack of usage by agencies. After going through a TechStat sessions, NARA and OMB decided to stop enhancing the system and focus on use.
The Office of Management and Budget said many feds responsible for IT acquisition are so cautious about running afoul of ethics rules that they're passing up what could be productive interactions with the industry. The administration plans to start an awareness campaign to improve communication between agencies and vendors.