Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vivek Kundra
Astadia CEO Rebecca Rogers Tijerino and John Keefauver, vice president of Application Solutions, will discuss cloud system integration and how lessons learned in the commercial world can be applied to federal IT systems.
April 8, 2014
Tags: technology , cloud computing , Rebecca Rogers Tijerino , John Keefauver , Astadia , IT security , hybrid cloud , software as a service , infrastructure as a service , SalesForce , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Mehul Sanghani and Jeremy Kolonay, from the Octo Consulting Group will discuss agile software development with host John Gilroy.
December 3, 2013
Departments face challenges with contracting, hardware and policies, two years after OMB included agile development in its 25-point IT reform plan. The approach aims to make development more effective and efficient, but the switch itself has been far from agile.
Tags: technology , AFCEA , agile development , Shawn Kingsberry , Thomas Sasala , Mark Schwartz , 25-point IT reform plan , Ruben Gomez , Recovery Board , Citizen and Immigration Services , Army IT agency
In 2010, the Office of Management and Budget unveiled a sweeping plan to reform federal IT projects, encompassing 25 focus areas. Among them: Shuttering data centers and transitioning to cloud-computing platforms and implementing more robust metrics and processes to effectively manage large-scale IT projects. Federal IT experts evaluate agencies' progress on the initiative and discuss why they believe it has been effective as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
TechStat is rarely about shutting down problematic technology programs. In an exclusive report, Federal News Radio examines how agencies are using the analysis to support existing improvement plans, to move to agile development and to change its relationship with contractors. CBP, NARA and the FBI are recent examples of agencies taking advantage of the visibility and transparency TechStat brings to get programs back on track and completed.
Tags: technology , oversight , OMB , Steven VanRoekel , NARA , Mike Wash , Scott Stovall , FBI , Jeffrey Johnson , Customs and Border Protection , Linda Jacksta , ACE , ERA , Sentinel , TechStat , Inside TechStat , Jason Miller , exclusive
After spending four months as a fellow at Harvard, Vivek Kundra becomes the executive vice president for emerging markets at the cloud computing services company.
SafeGov.org aims to provide government with a greater understanding of the benefits of cloud computing.
Tags: cloud computing , industry , Karen Evans , best practices , acquisition , contracting , Jolie Lee , budget , Chertoff Group , Civitas Group , Harris Corporation , Juniper Networks , KE&T Partners , L3 Stratis , Lockheed Martin , Microsoft , Peerstone Research , Ponemon Institute, , SANS Institute , Smarsh , KE&T Partners
Alan Balutis, senior director for Cisco's Business Solutions Group, and a former chief information officer at the Commerce Department, said, "If everything is important, nothing is important."
WFED's Jason Miller has details; plus a preview of this week's Federal Security Spotlight program.