Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Virtualization
Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm from Accelerated Growth Strategies will discuss new technologies that could help federal agencies save money and operate more efficiently.
April 15, 2014
Dave Gwyn and Chris Howard from Nutanix will discuss how their company can help you design and manage your agency's data centers.
March 25, 2014
Ram Murthy, the RRB chief information officer, is following a four-year IT enterprise roadmap to modernize his agency's back-office systems.
January 30, 2014
Emerging technologies like cloud, wireless access and virtualization are making telework an easy -- and economic -- solution for some agencies.
Virtualization is at the heart of these programs, and government's failure rate has been high due to unwieldy, expensive and complicated infrastructure. The ramp-up of virtualization efforts in government requires agencies to take into account infrastructure-related challenges such as scalability, complexity, cost, performance and more. And more agencies are rolling out virtualization solutions that allow Bring-Your-Own-Device users to stay productive no matter where, or how, they work.
Sanjay Castelino, vice president at SolarWinds, will discuss how your agency can benefit from a concept call Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
October 8, 2013
Dave Bennett, the DISA chief information officer, is reducing the number of classified and unclassified networks to reduce costs and improve capabilities. At the same time, he's ready to expand the use of wireless capabilities across Fort Meade, Md.
August 8, 2013
The council is restructuring to match the Obama administration's technology priorities for innovation, governance and cybersecurity. It will now operate with three main committees instead of five.
Tags: technology , CIO Council , Bernie Mazer , Interior , Terry Halvorsen , Navy , cloud computing , zero client , hosted virtual desktop , Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative , Brocade , Jason Miller
The Department of the Navy will begin to virtualize its services and hopes to achieve total server virtualization by 2017, in an effort to cut costs. The service has been active in cutting IT costs in the wake of Defense budget cuts.
Greg Garcia, the director of the Army's IT Agency, said the organization has been piloting a virtualized desktop initiative and almost is ready to move into full production.