Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Virginia Department of Transportation
The bus will take 45 minutes. It's billed as a faster alternative to driving.
The Virginia Department of Transportation wants community do-gooders to pick up where it's leaving off -- mowing state roads.
Should Virginia road crews have been more aware of the pothole problems near the Telegraph Road Interchange?
The northbound HOV lanes will close an hour earlier at 10 a.m., while the southbound lanes will reopen at noon, rather than 1 p.m.
A scaled down version of the Virginia Department of Transportation's one-stop shop to request assistance and report road hazards opens Monday.
Tight budgets are forcing transportation leaders to make some tough choices about what regional projects should move forward and which ones will be delayed or possibly even canceled.
Tags: District Department of Transportation , DDOT , VDOT , Maryland State Highway Administration , Capital Beltway , Interstate 495 , Route 7 , Dulles Toll Road , Route 1 , Greenbelt , Father Hurley Boulevard , Wisteria Drive , Germantown Road , Columbia Pike , Sligo Creek Parkway , bike lanes , streetcars
State and county officials will be listening closely Monday night to get some new ideas from people who drive I-66 every day. The floor will be open to the public at 7 p.m. at the Fairfax Government Center.
The first shift to a new bridge that's part of the High Occupancy Toll Lanes project begins Thursday night.
"The incident cleanup is taking, frankly, more time than it really needs to," says Dave Snyder, chairman of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments' transportation planning board.
Tags: Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments , COG , Dave Snyder , traffic accidents , traffic wrecks , traffic flow , VDOT , Maryland State Highway Administration , SHA , D.C. Department of Transportation , DDOT , Adam Tuss , Colleen Kelleher
Two weeks after the "pothole blitz" began, Virginia Department of Transportation crews have patched, repaired or filled more than 43,000 potholes, according to Gov. Bob McDonnell.