Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Vincent Gray
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" attendees of the union's annual Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference discuss critical issues facing federal employees. Guests include Washington, D.C., Mayor Vincent Gray, Reps. Tom Cole (Okla.) and Chris Van Hollen (Md.), and the Rev. Terry Melvin, president of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists. AFGE Council of Prison Locals Western Regional Vice President Michael Meserve also appears.
The D.C. Council has approved a $9.4 billion budget plan that includes longer bar hours on some days and an expansion of traffic cameras that ticket drivers.
Tags: Kwame Brown ,
The D.C. Council has approved a bill that reduces the number of political appointments the mayor can make, requires that appointees be well-qualified and makes nepotism illegal in District government.
D.C. Council Chairman
J. David Cox
AFGE National Secretary-Treasurer
AFGE 8th District National Vice President
AFGE Legislative Representative
Allegations that members of D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray's election campaign paid off a political rival with cash and a government job could land the mayor in court.
There's a troubling trend on the rise in the District: More police officers finding themselves on the wrong side of the law.
The District of Columbia Council has given final approval to a $10.8 billion budget proposal.
D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray has struggled so far to build relationships with the House's new Republican majority, which could make it difficult to accomplish his top priorities given Congress' ultimate say over the capital city's budget and laws.
Mark Plotkin, WTOP political analyst
The embattled former mayoral candidate denied ever having received a subpoena, but agreed to appear before the D.C. City Council June 6.