Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Veterans of Foreign Wars
DoD opens its electronic medical records to VA claims processors for the first time. The goal is to shave days or weeks from the time it takes VA to decide disability claims for recently separated service members. But the launch of the system has had a few bugs.
Tags: technology , health IT , information sharing , VA , Defense Health Agency , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Dave Bowen , AFGE , Richard Thomas , Gerald Manar , Eric Jenkins , Lorraine Landfried , Jared Serbu
Host Derrick Dortch hosts a roundtable discussion of veteran's issues, with representatives from the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
January 11, 2013(Encore presentation January 25, 2013)
Tags: workforce , veterans , VFW , disabled vets , claims processing , veterans issues , Veterans hiring , veterans care , Congress , Joe Davis , Ryan Gallucci , Gerald Manar , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access , veteran employment , veteran issues , veterans with disabilities , veterans retirement benefits , Department of Veterans Affairs
Executive order calls for vets in emotional distress to be seen by a professional within 24 hours. It also enlists HHS, Education, DoD and VA in interagency partnerships to find treatments for traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress.
War veterans' organizations are taking another shot at passing legislation allowing them to operate slot machines to offset dire finances at posts across the state.