Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Veterans Day
Veterans Day is one of those odd holidays which, for many people, has almost lost its meaning. Lots of people are actually working today and for many, whether its a holiday or just another workday for them, the fact that it is not a Monday holiday is a mystery. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the key to the mystery is the numbers 11/11/11.
Quick holiday quiz: Before it was renamed and officially made a Monday holiday, what was Veterans Days called? Was it: Arbor Day, Armistice Day, Remembrance Day or Memorial Day? Read Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column to find out.
Veterans Day is one of those odd holidays which, for many people, has almost lost its meaning. Lots of people are actually working today and for many, whether its a holiday or just another workday for them, the fact that it is not a Monday holiday is a mystery. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the key to the mystery are the numbers 11/11/11.
Recruiting program is aimed at building long-term professional relationships that encourage growth with financial reward, while contributing to CACI's mission of supporting vital national priorities.
The total number of veterans employed by the Federal Government increased to 462,744 in FY 2007, while the number of disabled veterans holding Federal jobs increased to 103,180 in FY 2007.
Army Secretary John McHugh discusses how this Veterans Day has changed in the wake of a memorial service at Ft. Hood, Texas.
Checks for Vets is a guidebook to help you through the process of accessing VA money for long-term care.
For decades, it hung on the first-floor wall of the District Building on Pennsylvania Avenue -- a large glass plaque with the names of fallen veterans engraved in gold.
A collection of events on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2010.
As the nation honors the brave men and women who have risked or given their lives for this country, the Library of Congress, stands ready to provide eligible veterans access to a free library service that promotes independence, wellness and quality of life. LOC's Bob Fistick explains.