Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Veterans Affairs
Some 250,000 service members leave the military each year and all must attend counseling on finances and other issues whether they served six years or 26 years, whether they saw the battlefield or not.
President Barack Obama issued a memorandum Thursday calling on agencies to comply with protections laid out in The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 when hiring returning veterans.
Tags: Barack Obama , Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act , OPM , DoD , Joining Forces Initiative , workforce , hiring , Joining Forces , Returning Heroes Tax Credit , Wounded Warrior Tax Credit , Michael OConnell
The Department of Veterans Affairs has made strides toward increasing the number of disability claims it can process every year. But new claims from veterans are growing even faster than ever. House legislators are frustrated by the VA's lack of progress over the years.
Tags: Congress , technology , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Darrell Issa , Jackie Speier , Allison Hickey , DoD , Veterans Benefits Management System , claims backlog , Jared Serbu
Officials at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs say there has been an enormous response to a new skills-based program that pays for up to a year of education toward an associate degree or a non- college-degree or certificate.
If you have military-age children who have not served in this decade's wars, then you owe a debt _ meaning money _ to those who did.
Three families are starting an effort to raise $30 million for troops and veterans through a new organization called Veteran Support Fund. It will be a portal for distributing money to five groups already working to help America's military community.
Veterans Affairs would have to contact victims of data breaches within 10 days under a bill approved by a House subcommittee.
Among active-duty troops, there has been an uptick in suicides this year _ about one a day, compared with one every 36 hours in previous years, The Associated Press reported earlier this month.
Veteran Affairs' CIO Roger Baker pointed to concerns over cybersecurity as the reason why he's wary about agencies adopting bring-your-own-device initiatives.