Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Veteran-owned small business
House Small Business and Veterans Affairs committee members plan to introduce a bill Thursday to make the service-disabled veteran-owned small business program less cumbersome, confusing and more transparent.
Steve Caldeira, president and CEO of the International Franchise Association talks about an initiative to help veterans as they transition into a civilian economy.
November 16, 2012(Encore presentation November 23, 2012)
The department must decide by Dec. 15 whether or not it will follow GAO's recommendations after losing a bid protest decision. VA tries to explain why service-disabled veteran owned firms do not receive the highest priority for all contracts. Lawmakers express frustration over the agency's explanation.
Tags: contracting , acquisition , industry , VA , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Thomas Leney , Jack Thompson , Bill Johnson , GAO , Ralph White , Greg Kutz , Small business contracting , Service disabled veteran-owned business , small business goals , bid protest , Jason Miller
Final regulation applies to all agencies for determining eligibility of veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses. Agencies spent almost $20 billion with these firms in 2008.