Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Veteran Affairs
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki are getting a first-hand look at how medical information sharing between the two agencies is working.
Andrew Goodrich, a ranger with the National Park Service, shares his story of being an injured Iraq War veteran finding a new home as a federal employee. He describes some of the challenges he faced and the accommodations his employers provided to to help him achieve success in the workplace.
Veterans can use the VA for Vets to gain career advice and get help on how to find a job. The website is also sponsoring a Jan. 18 veterans-only job fair at the Washington Convention Center.
IT management challenges continue at the VA and the Government Accountability Office's recommendations might keep your agency off the high-risk list. Joel Willemssen is the Managing Director for Information Technology Issues at the GAO.
Gary Abram receives compensation from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for his military service-connected exposure to Agent Orange, a defoliant used in Vietnam that has since been linked to numerous health problems.
GAO says Vet Affairs mismanaged IT.