Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Veteran Affairs
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Tags: Michael Hicks , Hart Rossman , John Sepulveda , Mike Sullivan , Jeff Steinhoff , Northrop Grumman , Cybersecurity Update , SAIC , Government Accountability Office , F-35 Joint Strike Fighter , KPMG Government Institute , In Depth , Francis Rose
Tom Temin, of the Federal Drive, has an in depth discussion with the experts and users about the My HealtheVet program. He reviews the clinical applications of the new upgraded system and what that means for Veterans today and for the future.
A staggering 45 percent of the 1.6 million veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are now seeking compensation for injuries they say are service-related.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Secretary-Treasurer J. David Cox, 8th District National Vice President Jane Nygaard and Legislative Representative Marilyn Park preview National Nurses Week May 6 - 12. The trio discusses challenges federal nurses face at the Department of Veterans Affairs, Bureau of Prisons and Department of Defense and highlights the union's Nurses Steering Committee.
Karen Guice, the acting CIO for the Military
Health System, said her office is working the
Veterans Affairs Department to ensure the
transition to the new electronic health record
from legacy systems is as seamless as possible.
She said DoD and VA are working on a data
April 5, 2012(Encore presentation June 14, 2012)
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki are getting a first-hand look at how medical information sharing between the two agencies is working.
Andrew Goodrich, a ranger with the National Park Service, shares his story of being an injured Iraq War veteran finding a new home as a federal employee. He describes some of the challenges he faced and the accommodations his employers provided to to help him achieve success in the workplace.
Veterans can use the VA for Vets to gain career advice and get help on how to find a job. The website is also sponsoring a Jan. 18 veterans-only job fair at the Washington Convention Center.