Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Veronica Villalobos
Veronica Villalobos of OPM talks about progress in making federal offices more diverse. Jeff Sessions of Red River discusses a new poll about slashing the federal budget. Damon Penn of FEMA talks about his agency's emergency alert system. John Hunt of the USDA's Forest Products Laboratory discusses how his office helped to create a 100 percent sustainable studio for a Fox TV show. L. Preston Bryant talks about what might the District of Columbia look like without its century-old law that limits building heights. John Mahoney of Tully Rinckey discusses a recent ruling that will help some feds with disabilities.
Host Bill Bransford moderates a roundtable discussion of how the Senior Executive Service is doing in developing diversity plans.
June 22, 2012
Tags: workforce , hiring , diversity , Bill Bransford , William Brown , African American Federal Executives Association , Tommy Hwang , Asian American Government Executive Network , Office of Diversity and Inclusion , OPM , Senior Executives Service , Fed Talk
Most agencies are on track to implement new diversity strategies by March 16, Office of Personnel Management Director of Diversity and Inclusion Veronica Villalobos told Federal News Radio. Five months ago, President Barack Obama directed agencies to improve the diversity of their ranks through strategic plans.
Agencies have four months to develop diversity and inclusion plans under a broad, brief governmentwide strategy released Thursday. Proponents say, by making the President's Management Council responsible for progress, the strategy will succeed where past measures have failed.
Tags: diversity , Latino , Hispanic , John Sepulveda , VA , Pat Tamburrino , DoD , OPM , Jorge Ponce , Council of Federal EEO and Civil Rights Executives , hispanic council on federal employment , OMB , Emily Kopp
The latest OPM report on Latinos in the federal government shows no improvement in 2009 and 2010. They remain the most underrepresented racial and ethnic group in the federal workforce, making up eight percent of employees. OPM has convened a council to recommend improvements.
Learn what transpired at the annual FDR conference.
Aug. 20, 2010