Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Verizon
A unanimous three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed a lower court ruling that a 2008 law granting legal immunity for companies helping the National Security Agency with an email and telephone eavesdropping program is constitutional.
The agency is extending the FTS2001 bridge contract with four vendors for at least another six months. Most of the largest agencies have not fully transitioned to the telecommunications. GSA is readying several other contracts including for HSPD-12 services and strategic sourcing for wireless services.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Karl Krumbholz , Mike O'Neill , Patricia Waddell , Larry Hale , GSA , Sprint , Qwest , AT&T , AFFIRM , Networx , telecommunications , FTS-2001 , schedule contracts , BetterBuy Wiki , SmartBUY , HSPD-12 , Networks 2020 , Connections , Jason Miller
Chris Core, commentator
After a failure of 911 calls on trunk lines managed by Verizon, the firm is having to answer to the Federal Communications Commission and Maryland's Public Service Commission.
The Defense Information Systems Agency awarded one of the remaining big deals under the Networx telecommunications contract to Qwest.
Calling Verizon to get the forecast is going the way of the pay phone and the Yellow Pages.
Tags: Nathan Hager
Callers to 911 got a busy signal 8,300 times in Montgomery County on Jan. 26. More than 1,000 calls ended with a busy signal in Prince George's County.
Verizon's 4G network, launched earlier this month, provides laptop users with strong download speeds up to 10 times faster than the standard issue 3G, even when driving down the road.
"We want to protect the end user and we don't want them to care if it was antivirus or personal firewall; you want to protect them in a broader scheme," says ISCA Labs.