Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Venable
The House Small Business Subcommittee on Contracting and the Workforce is searching for answers about the potential impact on competition if the White House mandates the use of strategic sourcing contracts. Four industry associations provided little support for compulsory use, citing potential risks to the government and harm to vendors.
Tags: acquisition , industry , Joe Jordan , OFPP , Jeff Koses , GSA , Richard Hanna , House Small Business Committee , Rob Burton , Stan Soloway , Professional Services Council , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , strategic sourcing , Jason Miller
Jeff Neal, the senior vice president president at ICF International, and Rob Burton, a partner with Venable law firm, count down the top federal news story of the week.
Former officials from the Office of Federal Procurement Policy say agencies need to get out of the ditch they have dug for themselves by taking multiple-award contracts the wrong way.
Early-adopter agencies of the bring-your-own-device idea are blazing their own trail through the security, privacy and policy challenges of personally-owned devices on government networks.
Agencies are making greater use of their ability to declare contractors and individuals ineligible for work by the federal government. Some outside experts suggest the increase may be the result of hasty decisions.
Tags: Inside the Worlds Biggest Buyer , contracting , industry , suspension and debarment , Air Force , Defense Logistics Agency , Crowell and Moring , McKenna, Long and Aldridge , Angela Styles , Rob Burton , Fred Levy , Normand Lussier , Steven Shaw , Jared Serbu
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Mark Forman, the co-founder of Government Transaction Services and former administrator for E-Government and IT, and Rob Burton, a partner with the Venable law firm and the former deputy administrator for the Office of Federal Procurement Procurement Policy, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what recent indications from the Defense Department on A-76 and other workforce initiatives mean for industry.
Former deputy administrator of the OFPP Rob Burton gives us his take.
Nominee didn't offer a lot of specifics about his vision or priorities when it comes to acquisition reform or improvements. Gordon did address multiple award contracting and strategic sourcing. Lawmakers express concern that OFPP needs more staff.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Dan Gordon , Jeffrey Zients , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , George Voinovich , OMB , OFPP , GAO , Robert Burton , insourcing , acquisition workforce , Multiple award contracts