Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Valerie Melvin
A House subcommittee gets a progress report on the effort to reach "electronic health information interoperability" as an important legally-mandated deadline looms.
After three failed attempts, director Berry hopes to focus only on what needs to be fixed now. Information request comes seven months after agency ended its latest attempt.
Valerie Melvin, GAO's director of information management and human capital issues, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the watchdog agency's latest report on e-government projects.
GAO says OPM does not have a good plan for modernizing federal retirement planning system.
Sen. Collins asked GAO to study the current roles and responsibilities of these senior technology managers. This would be the third such study from GAO since 1996, but first since 2005. VA's CIO Roger Baker reiterates his call to give CIOs oversight and authority of their IT budget.
Tags: technology , management , Susan Collins , Roger Baker , Vivek Kundra , OMB , VA , DHS , Interior , GAO , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , technology management , CIO's role , IT reform , Jason Miller