Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VRE
The Federal Transit Administration now has the authority to set safety standards under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act or MAP-21.
Combating sprawl has been a major issue in Northern Virginia for the last decade. Now Stafford County, one of the smallest in the region but under the same growth pressure, has taken a new approach.
Following news that bin Laden was pushing to target trains, a local rail provider asked immediately for additional, elite police presence to beef up security.
Virginia has sold $600 million in transportation bonds to help pay for road and rail projects all around the Commonwealth.
Virginia Railway Express says it provided 20,133 passenger trips on Wednesday. That beat VRE's prior record by nearly 200 trips.
A bill aimed at getting the Northern Neck economy moving would charge Virginia Railway Express passengers riding out of Manassas and Manassas Park more.
In case you have to venture out today, here's the basic information you'll need on Thanksgiving closures and openings
Tags: Thanksgiving , closures , openings , MARC , OmniRide , TheBus , Fairfax Connector , Arlington Transit , RideOn Buses , Clara Barton Parkway , Rock Creek Park , Rock Creek Parkway , Canal Road , Ari Ashe , Paul D. Shinkman
Virginia Railway Express trains should be back up and running Tuesday afternoon, a VRE spokesperson tells WTOP, after a brake failure left hundreds of commuters delayed for hours earlier in the day.
There will be a number of major traffic and transit schedule changes Thursday due to the Veterans Day holiday.
Tags: Veterans Day , HOV lanes , WMATA , Interstate 270 , Route 50 , Rock Creek Parkway , Clara Barton Parkway , Canal Road , Connecticut Avenue , 16th Street , Capitol Hill , MARC , RideOn Buses , Adam Tuss
A widespread Norfolk Southern signal failure caused delays on Virginia Railway Express Friday morning.