Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VISTA
Director of EGov
October 20th, 2009
The Department of Veterans Affairs is asking for help to improve its innovative health IT system, Ed Meagher, is leading that initiative for the Industry Advisory Council.
Agency officials will meet in June to approve the rollout of the first piece of an integrated and interoperable electronic health record for soldiers and veterans. VA and DoD also are creating a centralized database that will be located in DISA's data centers.
ACT-IAC Executive Director Ken Allen joins host Mark Amtower for a wide-ranging discussion of the myriad of projects that ACT-IAC is working on.
May 23, 2011 (Encore presentation June 13, 2011)
Tags: contracting , technology , ACT-IAC , Ken Allen , Management of Change Conference , Executive Leadership Conference , grants managment program , GSA , IPv6 , Information Sharing Environment , Networx 2020 , VistA , OMB , Mary Davie , Jim Beaupre , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
Debbie Filippi with the Interagency Program Office joins host John Gilroy to talk about pilot programs that allow DoD and the VA to share medical information.
May 3, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , DoD , VA , VistA , AHLTA , Debbi Filippi , Interagency Program Office , Virtual lifetime electronic record , records sharing , John Gilroy , ARMATURE , Federal Tech Talk , e-health
The Department of Veterans is moving its electronic health record system to the open source community.
The VA's VistA health IT system could be national model, said James Herbsleb, a computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon University, in an interview with the DorobekINSIDER.
Agency CIO Baker said moving the electronic health system to open source would let VA to more easily and more quickly use software developed outside of the department. VA's decision comes after an industry panel recommended 10 ways to fix VistA.
The Department of Veterans Affairs is trying to solve the mystery of how the Pentagon's health information system mistakenly accessed a confidential treatment form in the VA's health record system. The mistake kept one veteran from returning to combat.
Seeking to enable a single, lifetime electronic health record, the Veterans Affairs Department adopted a 10-digit identifier to be used from enlistment to death. VA's CIO, Roger Baker, talks with WFED's Scott Carr.