Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VA
OMB will issue a new memo on HSPD-12 in the coming weeks. Agencies are feeling more pressure to meet the secure identity card requirements. Administration is also closer to finalizing new strategy for securing online transactions.
Tags: technology , Paul Grant , Mike Butler , DoD , DoT , SBA , Interagency Smart Card Advisory Board , OMB , CIO Council , Committee on National Security Systems , TechStat , HSPD-12 , Secure identity , Identity, credential and access management , Secure online transactions strategy
Understanding the long term consequences for government policy is not a regular part of the federal diet, but it should be.
Final regulation applies to all agencies for determining eligibility of veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses. Agencies spent almost $20 billion with these firms in 2008.
VA's suicide prevention services make a difference. Veterans who used healthcare from the Department of Veterans Affairs were less likely to commit suicide. What is VA doing right?
White House now eyes good ideas from industry. OMB also tells agencies to apply other contest suggestions within their agencies, including electronic pay stubs. President Obama says SAVE award will be an annual contest.
Administration names four finalists for the SAVE Award. Voting continues through Thursday, and the idea which receives the most votes will be presented to President Obama.
The Veterans Affairs Department is working to improve data handling across the agency.
The Veterans Affairs Department is making big strides when in implementing electronic health records across the agency.
Acting CHCO Sanders says human resources will play key role in helping agency transform. HR employees must provide insight similar to a consultant to help meet the agency's needs. USDA also must engage its employees so they feel like they are contributing to meeting the agency's mission.
An excerpt of this week's Ask the CIO program.