Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VA
500 performance improvement leaders from across the Department of Defense, including Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Agencies and activities, and federal government agencies get ready to gather and compare notes, and you're invited! We get details from J. D. Sicilia, the director of the Defense Department's Lean Six Sigma Program Office.
DHS, VA say they need their own multiple award contracts because they want vendors who are familiar with their processes and requirements. Others say agencies want the "glory" of running large procurements and are unhappy with GSA's fees. GSA is trying to address the perception of poor customer service as a way to bring more agencies into the fold.
Tags: contracting , Ed O'Hare , Soraya Correa , Iris Cooper , Martha Johnson , GSA , DHS , DoD , Jim Williams , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Multiple award contracts , GWACs , Alliant , T4 , EAGLE , Ed O
Facebook rolling out new security features, House panel to consider cybersecurity overhaul
The Obama Administration believes that one of the major planks of an open and transparent government is the ready access to public information by citizens. One of the top federal officials involved in managing the federal government's rules and regulations says those who maintain the government's paper and electronic records are the "backbone of a transparent and open government."
Several bureaus say transparency and knowledge management initiatives complement each other. Federal Transit Administration using similar approach for open government strategy as it did to create a knowledge management culture.
Working group chair Ed Meagher says the VA's health IT system is one of the best in the world, but it's also over 30 years old.
Officials with the Veterans Administration admit there's a well-documented need to better train its IT workers.
New White House guidance calls for agencies to submit data feeds to OMB's Cyberscope tool. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra hopes the information will give agencies a better idea of vulnerabilities and threats to computer networks. Agencies may have to shift money away from traditional reports to upgrade systems to meet new FISMA requirements.
The new virtual lifetime electronic records (VLER) will help prevent misplaced paperwork and help providers maintain and offer quality health care to their patients. Dr. Steve Ondra, the senior policy advisor for health affairs at the VA, explains.
OMB will issue a new memo on HSPD-12 in the coming weeks. Agencies are feeling more pressure to meet the secure identity card requirements. Administration is also closer to finalizing new strategy for securing online transactions.
Tags: technology , Paul Grant , Mike Butler , DoD , DoT , SBA , Interagency Smart Card Advisory Board , OMB , CIO Council , Committee on National Security Systems , TechStat , HSPD-12 , Secure identity , Identity, credential and access management , Secure online transactions strategy