Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VA
Several bureaus say transparency and knowledge management initiatives complement each other. Federal Transit Administration using similar approach for open government strategy as it did to create a knowledge management culture.
Working group chair Ed Meagher says the VA's health IT system is one of the best in the world, but it's also over 30 years old.
Officials with the Veterans Administration admit there's a well-documented need to better train its IT workers.
New White House guidance calls for agencies to submit data feeds to OMB's Cyberscope tool. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra hopes the information will give agencies a better idea of vulnerabilities and threats to computer networks. Agencies may have to shift money away from traditional reports to upgrade systems to meet new FISMA requirements.
The new virtual lifetime electronic records (VLER) will help prevent misplaced paperwork and help providers maintain and offer quality health care to their patients. Dr. Steve Ondra, the senior policy advisor for health affairs at the VA, explains.
OMB will issue a new memo on HSPD-12 in the coming weeks. Agencies are feeling more pressure to meet the secure identity card requirements. Administration is also closer to finalizing new strategy for securing online transactions.
Tags: technology , Paul Grant , Mike Butler , DoD , DoT , SBA , Interagency Smart Card Advisory Board , OMB , CIO Council , Committee on National Security Systems , TechStat , HSPD-12 , Secure identity , Identity, credential and access management , Secure online transactions strategy
Understanding the long term consequences for government policy is not a regular part of the federal diet, but it should be.
Final regulation applies to all agencies for determining eligibility of veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses. Agencies spent almost $20 billion with these firms in 2008.
VA's suicide prevention services make a difference. Veterans who used healthcare from the Department of Veterans Affairs were less likely to commit suicide. What is VA doing right?
White House now eyes good ideas from industry. OMB also tells agencies to apply other contest suggestions within their agencies, including electronic pay stubs. President Obama says SAVE award will be an annual contest.