Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VA
A Congressional Budget Office report estimates health care costs for veterans will rise 45 to 75 percent in the next decade, Army Times reports.
This week's three most important Federal news stories, as chosen by Agilex's Bob Otto, and Washington Post "Federal Eye" Ed O'Keefe.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Bob Otto , Ed O'Keefe , Federal News Countdown , Shirley Sherrod , USDA , Tom Vilsack , Gulf Coast oil spill , OMB , Ted Kaufman , Vivek Kundra , FDCCI , GAO , DoD , Asif Khan , ERP
Subhead: Administration honors sustainability efforts by seven agencies with the 2010 GreenGov Presidential awards.
Tags: Green government , management , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , Nancy Sutley , NARA , Forest Service , Energy , NIST , HHS , DoD , 2010 GreenGov Presidential Awards , Jason Miller
The Department of Veterans Affairs announced a final regulation that makes it easier for veterans to obtain health care and disability compensation for certain diseases associated with services in Southwest Asia (including Iraq) and Afghanistan, Business Wire reports.
This week, Roger Baker, Chief Information Officer at the Veterans Affairs Department, talks with host Jason Miller about turning around IT processes within the agency.
September 30, 2010
GAO has found inconsistent compliance with the three VA purchasing and tracking requirements, creating potential risks to veterans' safety. Details from GAO's Dr. Debra Draper.
Roger Baker, chief information officer for the Department of Veterans Affairs, how to balance cybersecurity and transparency.
Both employee unions and agencies say certain phrases in President Obama's executive order creating these committees need to be better defined. VA deputy secretary Gould will lead an effort to bring some precision to terms such as pre-decisional, to make sure everyone is working from the same sheet of paper. National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relations also details first set of bargaining pilots, called B-1.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , John Berry , Scott Gould , Jeff Neal , OPM , DHS , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Bill Dougan , NFFE , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat , labor-mangement forums , B-1 pilots , telework , Jason Miller
The Veterans Affairs Department is facing a new challenge when it comes to cybersecurity: letting doctors access patient data outside the workplace. VA CIO Baker said a major policy change may be needed to ensure the agency is meeting the needs of its veterans and the doctors and nurses who serve them.
VA, SBA, EPA and HUD are the first to go through the review process and see dramatic changes. OMB controller Werfel said the goal for each agency is to invest only in top priorities, saving $1 billion a year by eliminating or reducing the size of agency modernization projects.
Tags: technology , management , Danny Werfel , Jeff Zients , Doug Criscitello , Roger Baker , OMB , SBA , HUD , EPA , financial systems modernization , FLITE , IT Dashboard , financial systems advisory board , Jason Miller