Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VA
The Department of Veterans Affairs, which processed a record one million claims in 2010, is still seeing claims come in faster than it can process them and expects even more new filings in 2011. Despite that, VA hopes to eliminate its backlog of claims by 2015.
VA's Roger Baker discussed how to advance IT projects amidst uncertain budget times.
Sen. Collins asked GAO to study the current roles and responsibilities of these senior technology managers. This would be the third such study from GAO since 1996, but first since 2005. VA's CIO Roger Baker reiterates his call to give CIOs oversight and authority of their IT budget.
Tags: technology , management , Susan Collins , Roger Baker , Vivek Kundra , Valerie Melvin , OMB , DHS , Interior , GAO , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , technology management , CIO's role , IT reform , Jason Miller
Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra said he wants to move toward giving feds a subsidy - of say, $2,000 - to purchase their own devices to work on.
The administration's IT agenda for fiscal 2012 will include new tools to combat cyber threats as well as major overhauls to how agencies manage their systems. Agency CIOs say agility will be important moving forward.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , cybersecurity , Vivek Kundra , Richard Spires , Roger Baker , GSA , USDA , DHS , education , OMB , cyberstats , collaboration , agile development , IT budget , program oversight , AFCEA , Meg Beasley
Government IT systems are at increased risk to inside and outside threats because departments lack centralized budget and operational authority over their IT systems, says Roger Baker.
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.
Tags: technology , contracting , Roger Baker , Bobbie Stempfley , Mike Krieger , Donna Dodson , Army , DHS , State , NIST , GSA , cybersecurity , continuous monitoring , Cyberscope , SmartBUY , Jason Miller
Guidance helps CIOs understand how to adopt and manage Internet-based services. Agencies that are considered early adopters are helping to find solutions to common challenges such as data and business process ownership.
Laura Bailyn, the new senior director health initiatives at the Markle Foundation, discusses the ways the foundation is trying to improve health IT worldwide.
The departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development have partnered to conduct a more thorough analysis of the nation's homeless veteran population. The agencies said the new data will allow them to get the right services to the vets who need them.