Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VA
The administration issues two new memos focusing on all IT projects and specifically on financial management systems. OMB will issue guidance in the next month detailing how they will evaluate which programs are at most risk. OMB's Zients says programs worth more than $10 billion are significantly off track in cost, schedule or both.
Tags: technology , management , Jeff Zients , Vivek Kundra , Danny Werfel , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , Peter Orszag , OMB , DHS , Energy , financial systems , Project management , IT oversight , Jason Miller
Veterans Affairs is looking for a virtual call center prototype.
VA plans on implementing software to monitor desktop computers every 24 hours. NASA is developing a concept of operations plan to move to real-time oversight. OMB mandated agencies know the status of their networks in real time by November.
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.
Fighting stigma key to reducing solider suicides, military leaders say
13 employees lost their devices.
Winners have been announced in the most recent effort under the VA's Innovation Initiative, a department-wide program that brings the most promising innovations to VA's most important challenges by involving employees and the private sector in the creation of visionary solutions in service to Veterans. VA CTO Dr. Peter Levin has details.
Legislation calls for agencies to adopt computer power savings techniques, implement advanced metering technology and create energy data standards.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says there are $27 billion in IT projects that are troubled. The administration will issue a new strategy to expand the use of TechStat review sessions. Agencies also are feeling the heat to review all IT projects before they submit their 2012 budgets to OMB.