Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VA
A comprehensive veterans' benefits bill is headed to the White House for President Obama's approval.
The Naval Postgraduate School is the latest agency to win in our Best of the Federal Government series.
Vote today in our Best of the Federal Government series.
New regulations decrease the burden on veterans seeking treatment and benefits for post-traumatic stress disorder.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is implementing changes it says will help simplify and speed the process for veterans seeking compensation for disabilities related to their military service. The news comes as the Department is working to cut the large claims backlog it has accumulated.
Senate passes a bill that calls for many of the same changes the administration is asking for. House committee wants more answers about how the reforms would affect the hiring of veterans. OPM promises more answers in 90 days.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Stephen Lynch , Jason Chaffetz , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , NTEU , hiring reforms , veterans preference , USAJobs.gov , Federal Career Internship Program , Jason Miller
Senior administration officials encourage and promote federal service during Public Service Recognition Week. President Obama sends letter recognizing federal, state and local government employees.
New book highlights possible way forward to change HR system
Cloud computing began to take center stage in the federal IT community during the last few months of 2010. And Ed Meagher thinks that trend will continue in 2011. Meagher is the former deputy chief information officer at the Veterans Affairs Department and the Interior Department. He’s now vice president of health care strategy at [...]
Assistant Director, Loan Guaranty Service
June 16th and 18th, 2008