Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: VA
New entity will be led by eight agencies, including OPM, VA and DoD. The focus will be on policy development, coordination and implementation of federal health IT.
All but three departments met the goal to cut down the amount of energy they use by 9 percent. Agencies also expected to spend more than a billion dollars in 2009 on energy efficient projects. GSA's new rule goes into effect today requiring new leases to have an Energy Star rating.
Tags: management , James Sullivan , Richard Kidd , Kevin Kampschroer , GSA , Energy , Federal Energy Management Program , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Green buildings , energy efficiency , Energy Star
Officials tell lawmakers that new strategy will cut time, costs
The Defense Department Tuesday will try to explain to lawmakers just how much progress it has made with its electronic health record system, called AHLTA.
Jackie Patillo will focus on how VA delivers technology to its internal customers. She has been with Transportation since 2005 as the deputy CIO.
Agency CIO Roger Baker tells a House oversight committee that VA avoided spending $54 million on the 45 projects stopped in July. The money now will be used on other high priority programs. The Veterans Affairs Committee also wants to increase agency IG funding by $50 million.
Tags: mngt , technology , Roger Baker , Richard Griffin , Stephen Buyer , Harry Mitchell , David Roe , Brian Billbray , House Veterans Affairs Committee , IT project management , PMAS , inspector general , FLITE , cybersecurity
Agencies will not be able to purchase secure Internet portal services through the Networx telecommunications contract before August.
The VA hopes to improve the care it gives veterans of Desert Storm and Desert Shield. The department is seeking public comment on a task force's recommendations.
Agencies will work with private sector providers to share electronic health records through the Nationwide Health Information Network. This will be the second site to use the NHIN.
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , OMB , EPA , GSA , CGI , Apple , cybersecurity , 2011 budget , IT Dashboard , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , HSPD-12 , identity management