Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USPS
USPS to offer more green for green
As the days tick down to Congress' August recess, one Senate committee deals with a long list of Administration nominations, and pending legislation. Among the laws now heading for the Senate floor: a bill to toughen security for drivers licenses, and protection for Federal whistleblowers.
For many federal workers, the chance to take early retirement without an accompanying buyout is like a day without sunshine. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that what's happening and not happening in the Postal Service bears watching by all other feds.
If the boss offered you early retirement right now, would you take it? That may be an academic question for most feds, but Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says for the Postal workers it's an up-close-and-personal option.
The United States Postal Service is planning to cut thousands of management jobs in the face of a $6 billion budget deficit.