Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USPS
Congressional watchdog has suggestions for USPS in recent report.
Today, the U.S. Postal Service is expected to release its final list of post offices and other postal facilities that it plans to close across the country. Its all part of an effort by the USPS to close an estimated 5 billion dollar budget shortfall forecast for this year. Postmaster General John Potter addressed the subject at the National Press Club on Thursday.
Postmaster General John Potter says if lawmakers don't take action, the U.S. Postal Service will face a shortfall of $238-billion dollars in the next 10 years. Former CIO and CTO of the USPS tells Federal News Radio, technology can help.
New survey finds Postal Services keeps information secure
The request marks OSHA's first-ever call for enterprisewide changes. The department reprimands the Postal Service, calling their handling of the problem "irresponsible." USPS says they are a safe workplace, but vows to improve.
The White House is leading a new effort to secure online transactions across the federal, state and local governments and eventually in the private sector. The creation of the new document is being led by cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt and includes DHS. It is one way the administration hopes to improve cybersecurity. OMB soon will release a new approach to measuring FISMA compliance.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , Diane Watson , Tom Lockwood , OMB , White House Cybersecurity Coordinator , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , Defense , State , DOJ , Treasury , GPO , DEA , USPTO , FISMA , cybersecurity , National Strategy for Secure Online Transactions , PKI , Federal Bridge
The Postal Service is also considering changes to its pay and benefits, as well, including how it plans to fund its retirement program and whether it will reduce its workforce. Postmaster General John Potter recently testified before the Senate about the overall plan.