Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USDA
Janet Napolitano and Tom Vilsack will both stay on as cabinet secretaries in President Barack Obama's second term.
Khem Sharma discusses the Small Business Administration's plans to raise size standards for companies in two groups. Dr. Murray Lumpkin of the FDA talks about the close coordination between two countries. Stuart Delery explains how the Justice Department recovered $5 billion under the False Claims Act last year.
Multiple current and former Forest Service employees say they've faced sexual harassment and physical assault while on the job, and some have lost their positions for speaking up. Now, they are fighting back by filing a class action EEOC complaint for unfair treatment. The Agriculture Department, the parent agency of the Forest Service, says it is tackling a history of discrimination with more training and accountability as part of a cultural transformation program.
Tags: Joe Leonard , Forest Service , Elaine Vercruysse , Debra Roth , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Jonel Wagoner , Alicia Dabney , Lesa Donnelly , USDA Coalition of Minority Employees , EEOC , civil rights , discrimination , Jolie Lee , workforce , exclusive
Export-Import Bank President Fred Hochberg explains why his agency had a banner year, with a record number of transactions in fiscal 2012. And a professor at the Wharton School describes how private insurance companies are making money off the National Flood Insurance Program — but taxpayers are likely to pick up the slack when claims surpass premiums.
Roy Smith of the Interactive Technology Group talks about his career in procurement. Anthony Vegliante of the USPS says no more buyouts. Kevin Concannon of the USDA discusses support for hurricane victims. IBM's Dan Chenok reviews the challenges President Obama may face in his second term.
Tags: Roy Smith , Interactive Technology Group , acquisitions , Anthony Vegliante , USPS , Agency of the Month , Kevin Concannon , Hurricane Sandy , Dan Chenok , Center for Business of Government , IBM Center for the Business of Government , Federal Drive
Deputy CIO Charles McClam said the Department of Agriculture is developing a policy and has awarded a mobile device management contract to figure out how best to let employees use their own smartphones and tablet devices on the agency's computer network. NASA Goddard also is creating a BYOD policy that depends on its virtual desktop infrastructure.
Mark Ryland, chief solutions architect with Amazon Web Services joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help your agency transition to the cloud.
November 6, 2012
USDA CIO Chris Smith, who co-chaired the conference planning committee, provided a behind- the-scenes look at how the conference is planned and the top priorities for his agency in 2012.
The Department of Agriculture's new online consumer complaint form could help the agency trace the root of a food safety problem. Federal News Radio interviews David Goldman, assistant administrator for USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service.