Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USDA
McDonough was recognized for improving the labor-management working relationship at the Food and Nutrition Service.
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed.
Tags: Technology , Digital Government Strategy , Gwynne Kostin , GSA , web analytics , Amanda Nguyen , HealthCare.gov , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Karen Evans , Todd Park , Steven VanRoekel , CMS , OMB , Trey Gowdy , Frank Baitman , Henry Chao , cybersecurity , DATA Act , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , Congressional Budget Office , DHS , Contracting , Mary Davie , Anne Rung , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Senate lawmakers won out over the debate about whether or not to merge the E-Government Fund with the Federal Citizen Services Fund. DHS also receives $166 million for cybersecurity programs in the fiscal 2014 spending bill.
Tags: Congress , OMB , E-Government Fund , GSA , Federal Citizen Services Fund , Gavin Baker , Center for Effective Government , Transportation , DHS , cybersecurity , Technology , A-76 , Jason Miller
Federal employees celebrated their achievements Wednesday at the Feds Feed Families closing ceremony. This year, feds collectively donated nearly 9 million pounds of food.
HHS is using big data to improve the cybersecurity of their systems, but also using a layered approach to protect the information. Commerce wants to improve the governance and usability of its data. USDA is creating a big data strategy.
Cheryl Cook, the Agriculture Department's chief information officer, said she's focusing on governance to improve mobile computing and reduce duplication among IT programs.
The Department of Health and Human Services will release a solicitation for email-as-a-service this summer.
August 29, 2013
The Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service is using online identification tools to prevent a loss of expertise and institutional knowledge caused by a growing number of people retiring.
Doug Keeler, national program manager of Feds Feed Families, says he's not surprised federal employees continue to donate food, even with sequestration and furloughs. Since 2009, the campaign has collected more than 15 million pounds of food, and it's striving for a goal of 25 million by Aug. 28.
Only $50 million remain for the U.S. Forest Service to fight wildfires. The agency is diverting $600 million from timber, recreation and other areas to fill the gap. Sequestration forced cuts of 500 firefighters and 50 engines.