Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USDA
USDA plans for second version of green IT strategy, Federal News Radio's Jason Miller reports.
Congressmen Skelton and Davis say legislation would apply the lessons learned from Goldwater-Nichols Act to more than 13 agencies to help promote collaboration and understanding of each other's roles. The bill calls for a two-year detail for each senior official to learn how other national security agencies work.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , Ike Skelton , Geoff Davis , House Armed Services Committee , DoD , State , Treasury , James Loser , Project on National Security Reform , national security personnel , training , Goldwater-Nichols Act , Jason Miller
The winners of USDA's Apps for Healthy Kids challenge were announced today. Amanda Eamich, director of web communications at USDA, joined DorobekINSIDER to discuss the motivation behind the contest and give details about the winning apps.
FEW and USDA build a partnership based on recruitment, training, retention, advancement and involvement of women in USDA's workforce and programs, as well as other areas of mutual interest.
GSA will unveil the Challenge.gov platform in the next few months where all agency competitions will be posted. Some agencies already are asking experts and employees for help. NASA will run 34 competitions before the end of December.
Grants will be awarded for WiMax, fiber and DSL deployments. Rural Utilities Service Administrator, Jonathan Adelstein, explains.
The votes are in and Federal News Radio listeners and readers have determined that the Pentagon has the best food choices of any agency in the federal government.
Employees at Fort Detrick's USDA lab are using their gardening skills to help the community, creating a People's Garden to grow produce for a local food bank.
See which agencies made the cut and vote for your favorite in our poll.
The Office of Management and Budget is taking aim at approximately 30 agency financial management modernization systems. Part of the new oversight is a Financial Systems Advisory Board made up of CFOs and CIOs across the government. The administration's goals are lower costs and improve performance by addressing long standing project problems.