Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USDA
With funding from USDA Rural Development's Rural Utilities Service (RUS), rural electric cooperatives are leading the way in smart grid deployments. We get details from USDA's Jessica Zufolo.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said there are more than 1,000 of these back-office systems and moving them to private cloud providers could save billions. Several agencies, including Labor and EEOC, already have moved their financial systems to a private cloud. Kundra envisions an interagency effort similar to the one for email where agencies commit to using a governmentwide contract for these services.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , OMB , GSA , NRC , Interior , EEOC , Labor , cloud computing , e-mail-as-a-service , financial management , human resources management systems , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , Microsoft , Politico , Jason Miller
USDA's Rodger Matthews discusses records management of social media, balancing open access with security requirements, and quick wins that federal agencies can do to improve their programs.
Power outages that last for hours mean you will probably need to throw out a lot of food in your refrigerator and freezer.
FAR Council issues an interim rule to change the acquisition regulations. Agencies and contractors must start meeting new requirements for goods and services.
The Agriculture Department is the first cabinet-level operation to offer early retirement and buyouts to employees. And it won't be the last. So what are your odds of getting an offer? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has the exclusive.
Obama administration officials told Congress agencies are taking a more aggressive stance than ever in their efforts to cut improper payments. The White House has set a goal of reducing such payments by $50 billion by next fiscal year.
Agencies asked 125 annuitants for help last year with Army leading the way, bringing 44 retired federal workers back to help with acquisition processes.
Tags: contracting , pay and benefits , Dan Gordon , OFPP , Army , Air Force , DHS , acquisition workforce , annuitants , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Jason Miller
Brent Elrod, the national program leader of military and veterans programs at USDA, talked to Federal News Radio about some of the programs that will be offered through the initiative.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra expects GSA to issue a solicitation by May 10 for a $2.5 billion contract for email-as-a-service. It's part of how the administration wants agencies to move to cloud computing. Kundra said five of seven short-term IT reforms efforts are on track.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Roger Baker , Kathleen Merrigan , Daniel Poneman , OMB , GSA , VA , Energy , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , role of the CIO , IT reforms , data center consolidation , Jason Miller