Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USDA
One federal agency is working on apps so stakeholders can telework along side employees.
The USDA in Idaho receives more than 17,000 paper applications for white water river permits. Processing those applications is costly and time consuming. So the agency set up an online self service system where applicants have 24/7 access.
A House committee held a discussion on openness in government and addressed the errors made in reporting data related to spending.
The administration's IT agenda for fiscal 2012 will include new tools to combat cyber threats as well as major overhauls to how agencies manage their systems. Agency CIOs say agility will be important moving forward.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , cybersecurity , Vivek Kundra , Richard Spires , Roger Baker , GSA , VA , DHS , Education , OMB , cyberstats , collaboration , agile development , IT budget , program oversight , AFCEA , Meg Beasley
Federal agencies are collaborating to fight bed bug infestations with common-sense practices.
Wow. So much news about cloud, so little time. Good thing we have this blog, right? Federal News Radio was busy covering news about cloud computing this week. We’ve gathered all of those stories here for easy access. Army weeks away from enterprise e-mail rollout The Army will begin migrating employees to its new cloud-based [...]
Are you moving to the cloud? Tune in for an interview with the USDA's Jim Stevens as he discusses his agency's cloud options.
January 25, 2011
The Court of Federal Claims rules that Interior violated law and federal regulations in awarding a sole source contract to Microsoft for e-mail and collaboration services in the cloud. This the latest episode in an ongoing battle between the two software giants to provide cloud services to agencies.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Bernie Mazer , Susan Braden , Rhea Suh , Interior , GSA , Court of Federal Claims , GAO , Google , Microsoft , cloud computing , e-mail-as-a-service , bid protest , Jason Miller
The U.S. Department of Agriculture now has a blooming relationship with Microsoft. Earlier this month, Microsoft and the USDA reached an agreement to have Microsoft host email for as many as 120,000 employees. The company will also manage the USDA’s software and networks, as part of the agreement. USDA employees currently use 21 different email [...]
Former USDA CIO Anne Reed responds to OMB's plan to reform IT management.