Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USDA
Many federal agencies are contemplating the use of the cloud. But Benefits.gov has already made the jump according to program manager Curtis Turner. Part of the reason – to reduce costs on equipment maintenance. The U.S. Department of Agriculture provides the Labor Department with the hosting environment for the site. “Part of their mission is [...]
Boyd Rutherford Assistant Secretary for Administration January 5th and 7th, 2009
CFO and CIO
May 26th and 28th, 2008
The latest news affecting federal workers and government contractors. Find out what you need to know to start your day.
Lisa Shames is director of natural resources and environment at the Government Accountability Office and shares tips for your agency.
The House voted on a spending bill that will slash the Food and Drug Administration's budget by nearly 12 percent.
With funding from USDA Rural Development's Rural Utilities Service (RUS), rural electric cooperatives are leading the way in smart grid deployments. We get details from USDA's Jessica Zufolo.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said there are more than 1,000 of these back-office systems and moving them to private cloud providers could save billions. Several agencies, including Labor and EEOC, already have moved their financial systems to a private cloud. Kundra envisions an interagency effort similar to the one for email where agencies commit to using a governmentwide contract for these services.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , OMB , GSA , NRC , Interior , EEOC , Labor , cloud computing , e-mail-as-a-service , financial management , human resources management systems , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , Microsoft , Politico , Jason Miller
USDA's Rodger Matthews discusses records management of social media, balancing open access with security requirements, and quick wins that federal agencies can do to improve their programs.
Power outages that last for hours mean you will probably need to throw out a lot of food in your refrigerator and freezer.