Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USCG
Sometime around the end of May, Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Thad Allen will hand over the reins of the service to his successor. During his four-year tour, Allen has helped oversee the Coast Guard at a time of transition. He talked about it in his final "State of the Coast Guard" speech at the National Press Club.
The Government Accountability Office found the Coast Guard cannot meet its most recent acquisition objectives to recapitalize its aging boats and airplanes. The audit agency told Congress Tuesday the service hasn't properly aligned its ambitions with its expected budgets. The Coast Guard contends the GAO findings are out of date.
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Amy Morris discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.
Working with government agencies means working in a political environment. The response, former Coast Guard Admiral and Commandant Thad Allen said, was "as much as a political event as an operational event."
GAO recommends that the Coast Guard communicate with key stakeholders on the process and progress of its Arctic planning efforts. Details from GAO's Stephen Caldwell.
Globs of sticky brownish ooze soil miles of sensitive shoreline and marsh from Alabama to Louisiana. Former Coast Guard vice admiral Brian Peterman tells Federal News Radio deepwater oil rigs have caused concern for years.
As a result of Deepwater's failures, the Coast Guard has reformed the acquisitions management process. We talk with GAO's John Hutton about how that's going.
Newly elected Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., thinks the U.S. Coast Guard should be part of the Defense Department, not the Department of Homeland Security.
The Coast Guard issued guidance July 16, 2010 to its personnel prohibiting the use of these devices by operators of Coast Guard boats and also restricted their use by other crewmembers. We get an update from Rear Adm. Brian Salerno