Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: USASpending.gov
When it comes to design, one blogger calls the site a 'travesty'.
Kaitlin Lee, senior developer for the Sunlight Foundation, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the group's recent "ClearSpending" report, which found that agencies misreport data on USASpending.gov.
OMB Watch and 30 other open-gov groups are asking Congress to restore funding to the E-Government Fund.
Guy Timberlake, chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition joins host Markt Amtower to talk about the organization, and how it helps companies that want to do business with the government.
May 30, 2011 (Encore presentation June 6, 2011)
Tags: contracting , Small business contracting , american Small Business Coalition , Guy Timberlake , micropurchase program , SBA NAIC , Federal Procurement Data System , FedBizopps.gov , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
OMB detailed its plans for using the $8 million E-Government Fund in a letter to Sen. Tom Carper. The administration will shut down two projects and reduce the functionalities of the others.
On the chopping block are the government's transparency programs and websites like USAspending.gov and Data.gov.
A watchdog group has uncovered massive reporting errors in data on USASpending.gov. The Sunlight Foundation says that accounts for half of the government spending data reported last year. After spending over a year looking at the reports on USA Spending.gov, Sunlight's web developer Kaitlin Lee says they've launched ClearSpending.com to demonstrate their findings.
One of the Obama administration's biggest partners when it comes to the use of technology for open government, the Sunlight Foundation, is questioning whether the push for gov 2.0 is running out of steam. Ellen Miller, Sunlight's executive director, calls the open data plans disappointing because 12 of 30 agencies didn't list any data sets for release. Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra said he welcomes the criticism.
My guest panel includes veteran OMB official Frank Reeder & former USPS CIO Bob Otto