Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: U.S. Department of Transportation
Transportation Department officials say they were about to shut down a bus company involved in a deadly crash in Virginia but then gave the company extra time to appeal an unsatisfactory safety rating.
Mary Schiavo, former inspector general of the U.S. Department of Transportation
The federal government announced Thursday the regional transit system will get millions of dollars to replace the 30-year-old rail cars that may have contributed to last year's deadly crash.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says people need to "take personal responsibility" and not use cell phones while driving.
The Captial BikeShare program got off to a rolling start in D.C. Monday. Under the program, which is the nation's largest, members pay a fee, then use bikes parked at bike stations throughout the region. A bike can be picked up at any station at any time of day and left at any destination.
Tags: Capital Bikeshare , Arlington , Adrian Fenty , Jay Fisette , Polly Trottenberg , bicyclist , Washington Area Bicyclist Association , Gabe Klein , District Department of Transportation , Kate Ryan , Sprawl & Crawl