Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: U.S. Department of Transportation
Transportation Department officials say they were about to shut down a bus company involved in a deadly crash in Virginia but then gave the company extra time to appeal an unsatisfactory safety rating.
Mary Schiavo, former inspector general of the U.S. Department of Transportation
The federal government announced Thursday the regional transit system will get millions of dollars to replace the 30-year-old rail cars that may have contributed to last year's deadly crash.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says people need to "take personal responsibility" and not use cell phones while driving.
The Captial BikeShare program got off to a rolling start in D.C. Monday. Under the program, which is the nation's largest, members pay a fee, then use bikes parked at bike stations throughout the region. A bike can be picked up at any station at any time of day and left at any destination.
Tags: Capital Bikeshare , Arlington , Adrian Fenty , Jay Fisette , Polly Trottenberg , bicyclist , Washington Area Bicyclist Association , Gabe Klein , District Department of Transportation , Kate Ryan , Sprawl & Crawl