Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Rep. Issa says acquisition reform must begin with defining inherently governmental. He also proposes to use third parties to help write contract requirements.
Tags: contracting , Rep. Darrell Issa , Jeff Liebman , OMB , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Energy , DoD , acquisition reform , inherently governmental , workforce , In-sourcing , A-76 , P&B
ODNI bringing work back into agencies and reducing contractor workforce.
With the end of October comes the end of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. But a key player in the White House's plans for national cybersecurity still isn't on the job yet, and that has lawmakers on Capitol Hill concerned.
Instead of imposing additional security regulations, the U.S. government must work with the private sector to develop incentives that motivate companies to voluntarily adopt security best practices.
If you want effective cybersecurity, you need a policy that embraces voluntary public/private partnerships.
Most evidence anecdotal as there is no way to define these firms
Tags: contracting , GSA , DoD , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , Al Matera , Tom Essig , Brad Nelson , Richard Beutel , CSIS , Professional Services Council , David Berteau , Stan Soloway , GSA schedules , FPDS-NG , JM