Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: U.S. Chamber of Commerce
NIST led the year-long effort to develop the Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity. Agencies now must review regulations to ensure alignment with the framework. DHS also launches a new voluntary program that will offer access to a variety of federal resources to help companies improve cybersecurity.
Anne Neuberger, director of the National Security Agency's Commercial Solutions Center, explains the pluses and minuses of public-private partnerships for the cybersecurity world.
The preliminary version of the framework will be published in mid-October, followed by several months of public comment. NIST plans a final release of the voluntary framework in February.
The newly issued Executive Order gives NIST, DHS several goals and corresponding deadlines over the next year. NIST will work with industry to create a cybersecurity framework. DHS is expanding the information sharing program so industry can receive classified and unclassified cyber threat data more easily and more quickly.
Tags: technology , NIST , Patrick Gallagher , DHS , Bruce McConnell , Jane Holl Lute , Michael Daniel , White House , cybersecurity , information sharing , Verizon , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Craig Silliman , Jason Miller
Host Derrick Dortch hosts a roundtable discussion of a new initiatiave to help transitioning veterans find jobs once they leave the military.
December 7, 2012(Encore presentation December 21, 2012 & December 28, 2012)
The upper chamber fails to move cyber bill out of starting blocks by receiving 60 votes to end cloture. Lawmakers couldn't get past their concerns over the requirement for regulations and DHS' oversight role.
Congress has a lot of unfinished business to tackle during its lame duck session expected in November. The House Intelligence Committee chairman thinks new threat information could push cyber legislation up the priority list.
Tags: technology , Congress , cybersecurity , National Security Agency , U.S. Cyber Command , Keith Alexander , House Intelligence Committee , Mike Rogers , CISPA , Jared Serbu , information sharing ,
Lawmakers at odds over critical infrastructure protection provisions. Sen. McCain promised to introduce a new version of a comprehensive cyber bill to focus on collaboration and information sharing instead of regulation of critical infrastructures. Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins refute the criticism, saying they've held 10 hearings, hundreds of meeting and pleaded with others in the Senate to offer comments.
Tags: technology , management , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , John McCain , Tom Ridge , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , cybersecurity , critical infrastructure , privacy , DoD , NSA , Jason Miller
Most evidence anecdotal as there is no way to define these firms
Tags: contracting , GSA , DHS , DoD , Professional Services Council , JM , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , Al Matera , Tom Essig , Brad Nelson , Richard Beutel , CSIS , David Berteau , Stan Soloway , GSA schedules , FPDS-NG