Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: U.S. CERT
Despite a 2006 mandate to secure mobile devices and implement two-factor authentication, only just over half of federal agencies have managed to do so. OMB submits its annual FISMA report to Congress detailing the steps the government has taken to improve cybersecurity, including spending $12 billion on cybersecurity last year.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , OMB , DoD , GSA , NASA , DHS , NIST , cybersecurity , FISMA , continuous monitoring , encryption , HSPD-12 , Cyber Workforce , CyberStat , Cyberscope , supply chain , Jason Miller
Randy Vickers, head of U.S. CERT, discusses cybersecurity challenges in the government.
December 2, 2010
Also, most of the malware on federal networks are after money, not intel
DHS also will make Randy Vickers the permanent head of U.S. CERT. Stempfley would become the first permanent NCSD director since 2007. The division's oversight of federal civilian networks is growing more important with Einstein and TIC initiative.